Richard Adair's practice focuses primarily on UK and cross-border M&A, private equity and public equity transactions. Richard has experience of acting for UK private equity funds and investee companies. He also acts for publicly listed companies and other corporate clients in the energy and utilities, consumer products, manufacturing and media sectors.
Richard has particular expertise in the private equity field having spent over a year working in house at Barclays Ventures.
- Acting for Beaufort Wind Ltd (backed by Englefield Capital and Arcapita) on its acquisition of four wind farms from Npower Renewables Ltd, valued at £165 million. The transaction also involved the refinancing of Beaufort Wind Ltd's £300 million loan facility.
- Acting for Clear Channel on its acquisition of the Van Wagner UK Outdoor advertising business.
- Acting for Medical Solutions plc on its disposal of Medical Solutions FZ LLC to Global Fund Company (Bahrain) E.C., Global Investment House KSCC and International Holdings Ltd.
- Acting for Alba plc on the £51.5 million class one disposal of its Leisure Division to a management team backed by Rutland Partners.
- Acting for Alba plc on the €35 million disposal of Grundig Multimedia and on its disposal of the Roadstar Group.
- Acting for Englefield Capital on its acquisition of Eco 5 Ltd and its investment in Western Bio-Energy Ltd.
- Acting for Homeserve plc on its acquisition of Multimaster UK and a series of further acquisitions.
- Acting for the Washington division of URS Corporation and related consortia in relation to the UK nuclear decommissioning programme.
- Acting for Englefield Capital on its joint venture investment in a recycling power plant business.
- Acting for Oxonica plc on its acquisition of Nanoplex, Inc and subsequent £4.2 million fundraising by way of share placing on AIM.
- Acting for Polypipe on the acquisitions of its Terrain and Marshall Tufflex divisions.
- Advising on a restructuring and multi bank debt for equity investment in a leading laser eye surgery group.
- Advising on a debt for equity investment in an international footwear materials business.
University of Leicester, 2002Nottingham Law School, 2003
England and Wales