David Adams is a partner in our Banking and Financial Services practice based in our Birmingham office. David acts for banks and borrowers in relation to leveraged and non-leveraged acquisition finance (on both sponsor backed and debt only deals), sales and asset based finance, education finance, property investment and development finance and general secured lending.
David joined as a partner in 2008. He has extensive experience acting for major banks and asset-based lenders in the Birmingham market, and works closely with Squire Sanders' Corporate and Corporate Finance team, advising major corporate clients and venture capitalists. David also has experience advising pension fund trustees in relation to security, contingent asset and guarantee structures, and has advised a number of Universities and further education colleges on property purchase and development facilities.
The Squire Sanders banking practice is noted in The Legal 500 UK
2011 as being very active in the local markets with David noted for providing "both sound and tactical advice".
In Chambers UK
2011, the practice received the following praise: “Value for money is excellent, especially given the depth of expertise on offer…the level of responsiveness is critical, and it is very impressive. They are always on hand and willing to assist, even at the initial transaction formulation stage, where a good deal of creativity may be required."
noted that David provides "provides concise commercial advice which matches the bank's commercial risk with the clients' best interests."
- Acting for two major high street banks on the club financing of the management buy-out of Danwood Group Limited.
- Acting for a major high street bank on the financing of the management buy-out of Tyrrells Crisps Limited.
- Acting for Gresham LLP on the financing aspects of the management buy-out of TTG Group.
- Acting for Lloyds TSB Commercial Finance and Landsbanki Commercial Finance on the syndicated asset based funding of the purchase by Woodward Foodservice Limited of DBC Foodservice Limited.
- Acting for a major high street bank on the funding of the management buy-out of Cable Management Products Limited.
- Acting for a major high street bank on the funding of the management buy-out of Superior Plumbing Installations Limited.
- Acting for Lloyds TSB Development Capital Limited on the buy-out of Vision Security Group Limited.
- Acting for Advantage West Midlands on the funding of Modec Limited, a Midlands based electric vehicle manufacturer.
- Acting for Lloyds TSB Commercial Finance on the funding and subsequent refinance of Legion Group PLC.
- Acting for the pension trustees of a major multinational Corporation in relation to a £100 million contingent asset structure.
- Acting for AMS plc on the acquisition of a major German based competitor.