Antoine Adeline is a partner within the commercial dispute resolution department of the Paris office. He is a French and Canadian national, has lived and practised in England for five years and brings more than 20 years' experience to Squire Sanders, as a trial advocate and litigation and arbitration lawyer in a highly international environment.
His particular focus is on arbitration, cross border disputes, alternative dispute resolution, particularly mediation, and corporate insolvency.
Although he has particular experience in areas such as construction, software and various manufacturing industries, he represents a diverse range of businesses from public, multinationals and household names through to larger SMEs.
Antoine graduated from Panthéon-Sorbonne university in Paris and the London School of Economics. He has been dual-qualified in France and England for the last 14 years and is bilingual in French and English. He teaches international arbitration and mediation to post-graduate students at Panthéon-Sorbonne University. Antoine has written numerous publications on dispute resolution and corporate insolvency and is invited as a speaker at various seminars and conferences (e.g. French Senate, LSE, ICDR, CEPR).
- Chief Editor of La Revue, the Paris office newsletter.
- La Vie Politique Française, Hachette, 1992.
- Covered various topics in publications including Banque, Journal of International Banking Law, La Gazette du Palais, Les Echos, Les Petites Affiches and Encyclopaedia Universalis.
- Acting on behalf of PwC against the French public prosecutor concerning the enforcement of EU Regulation 1346/200 (Isa Daisytek and Rover cases).
- Acting on behalf of a Greek company sub-contractor in a multimillion dollar international construction law dispute.
- Acting on behalf of a French company, in international arbitration, against an Anglo-Japanese holding regarding wrongful termination of a distribution agreement valued at €20 million.
- Acting in international arbitration, on behalf of a French engineering company, against a Japanese international group in a contractual dispute worth €30 million.
- Acting as an arbitrator for the International Rugby Board (appeal panel/disputes committee) for the Rugby World Cup 2007.
- Undertaking negotiation and pre-litigation on behalf of an English company involved in the titanic work trade in a contractual dispute against a French holding.
- Acting on behalf of the CEO of a US electronic sector company in a white collar crime litigation case against the French prosecutor.
- Acting on a complex expert mission (pre-litigation stage) for a Netherlands-based client against a French transport and logistics company.
- Dealing with numerous international search orders, summary proceedings and provisional seizures on behalf of Anglo-American clients or lawyers.
Membership & Affiliations
- CEDR accredited mediator, 2006.
- La Halde trained mediator, 2008.
Université Paris I – Panthéon-Sorbonne, Maîtrise en DroitUniversité Paris I – Panthéon-Sorbonne, DEA Droit privé, 1987Université Paris I – Panthéon-Sorbonne, DEA Droit commercial, 1988Université Paris I – Panthéon-Sorbonne, DEA philosophie du Droit, 1990CAPA, 1988London School of Economics, LL.M., Civil Litigation, graduated with merits
England and Wales,