Sr. Adviser, China Business Affairs
Yongzhuo Bao is a senior adviser for China Business Affairs resident in the Squire Sanders Los Angeles office. With the firm since 1986, Yongzhuo has represented Squire Sanders with and before state-owned and private companies of the People’s Republic of China (PRC) assisting in the provision of business and strategic advice on US-bound investment. Working with Squire Sanders lawyers in the firm’s various offices, Yongzhuo focuses primarily on advice and assistance in the establishment and maintenance of US based operations including immigration matters, corporate formation of subsidiaries in the United States, tax, real estate, litigation or collection matters, and labor and employment issues.
Yongzhuo has worked closely with the Commercial Section of the Chinese Consulate in Los Angeles and several China-based business and trade organizations in facilitating business entry into the United States for PRC-based companies. He was also a member of a Los Angeles Economic Development Commission 2008 Trade Delegation to the PRC.
- Advising and representing Beijing Capital Steel Company regarding the purchase and removal of steel manufacturing equipment from Fontana Steel Company, based in Southern California.
- Coordinating and hosting Madam Wu Yi, former Vice Premier Minister, and her Chinese government delegation in Los Angeles.
- Arranging and coordinating legal seminars aimed at China-based clients in the Southern California area.
- Advising and representing China-based companies regarding capital formation and US IPO issues.
- Advising and representing major PRC-based air carriers on US operational and transportation matters.
- Representing and advising PRC-based companies in connection with US litigation including trade secrets litigation, commercial disputes, real estate disputes and enforcement of judgments.
- Advising a China-based manufacturer on a technology cooperation and licensing agreement for solar power technology and the construction of a plant in Inner Mongolia.
University of Central Broadcasting Television, B.A., 1986Pacific States University, M.B.A., 1992
- Chinese (Mandarin, also known as Putonghua)