Victoria A. Porter
Victoria Porter’s practice focuses on international dispute resolution including commercial litigation and international arbitration. Victoria has worked on a wide range of commercial disputes including claims arising out of breach of contract, misrepresentation, fraud, contentious trusts, joint ventures, telecommunications and intellectual property disputes.
- Representing the largest Russia-based mobile telephone company in a major dispute against another large Russia-based mobile telephone company involving LCIA arbitration and court proceedings in a number of jurisdictions including proceedings in the Isle of Mann.
- Representing a Saudi Arabia-based data communications service provider in an ICC arbitration in London against a Middle East-based telecommunications systems manufacturer and developer.
- Acting on behalf of an Austria-based bank in a claim against a UK-based bank for misrepresentation in respect of a syndication of a loan.
- Representing the beneficiaries of a trust in a long-running and complex dispute over a joint venture.
- Co-advising a UK-based company in a claim against a former director for breach of fiduciary duty regarding an unauthorized assignment of valuable trademarks.
- Advising clients on all aspects of UK commercial litigation in both the High Court and County Court.
BPP Law School, J.D., 2005University of Leeds, LL.B., honors, 2004
England and Wales,