Sungbo Shim, managing partner of the Beijing office, represents a broad range of clients from the United States, Middle East, China, Japan and Korea in China-related investment, acquisition, financing and commercial transactions. His areas of expertise include mergers and acquisitions, private equity/venture capital investments, company startups, securities law, and formation and operation of joint ventures. Sungbo is listed in the 2009 edition of Asialaw Leading Lawyers
for mergers and acquisitions.
Sungbo’s practice focuses on advising and assisting clients with cross-border operations in the technology, manufacturing and private equity/venture capital industries. Prior to joining the firm, Sungbo practiced law with leading firms in San Francisco, Silicon Valley and Beijing.
He is a co-founder of the One Korea Peace Center and the Association for the Reunion of Separated Korean Families.
- Representing international private equity/venture capital funds and corporate strategic investors with respect to investments in China-based technology companies and related restructuring.
- Providing counsel to a London stock exchange-listed multinational food flavoring company in a strategic acquisition in China.
- Advising a Sweden-based garden tools manufacturer in various acquisitions in China.
- Representing a leading China-based technology company with respect to an acquisition by a public US-based company.
- Providing counsel to a Nasdaq-listed Middle East-based telecommunications company with respect to various China-related corporate and commercial matters.