Named a 2013 Ohio Super Lawyer by Thomson Reuters, a distinction honoring the top 5 percent of lawyers in the state.
Listed in The Best Lawyers in America® 2013, an honor based on an exhaustive peer-review process.
Sherri L. Dahl
Sherri Dahl’s practice focuses on complex corporate and municipal out of court restructuring, bankruptcy reorganization, sales and litigation. Sherri represents debtors, lenders, creditors’ committees and individual creditors in Chapter 7, 9 and 11 matters in bankruptcy and district courts across the US. Sherri currently represents the holding company for the US’s fourth largest bank failure in 2009. She has also represented clients in matters involving the manufacturing, leasing, selling or distribution of chemicals, steel, plastics, auto parts, pharmaceuticals, insurance, securities, banking and financial services, construction, bedding, private equity, entertainment, intellectual property and real estate.
She leads teams in problem solving on all matters facing corporate and municipal entities, including contract negotiation, interpretation, and assumption and rejection; 363 bankruptcy sales; bankruptcy plan and disclosure statement negotiation and litigation; claims filing; federal, state and local tax dispute resolution; workers’ compensation premium and dispute resolution; corporate governance; insurance; employee severance and compensation agreements; general civil litigation; security interests; bonds; executive and non-executive employment benefits and agreements; and distribution agreements.
Sherri was a law clerk for The Honorable William T. Bodoh of the US States Bankruptcy Court, Northern District of Ohio.
Awards & Distinctions
- Representing a debtor bank holding company in Chapter 11 proceedings.
- Representing a debtor Amish investment club in Chapter 7 proceedings.
- Representing a debtor mattress company in Chapter 7 proceedings.
- Representing a buyer in a Delaware 363 sale of a steel company in Chapter 11 proceedings.
- Representing a secured lender in a 363 sale and liquidation of an aluminum company in Chapter 11 proceedings.
- Representing a secured lender in Chapter 11 proceedings of an automotive containers manufacturer.
- Representing a secured lender in hundreds of nationwide consumer mortgage activities.
- Representing individual creditors in an entertainment industry bankruptcy.
- Representing a debtor construction company in Chapter 11 proceedings.
- Representing a creditors’ committee for a coal mining company in Chapter 11 proceedings.
- Representing plaintiffs and defendants in more than 350 lawsuits seeking the return of payments made during the “preference period.”
- Representing several debtor steel companies in Chapter 11 proceedings.
- Representing a debtor plastics company in Chapter 11 proceedings.
- Listed in the 2013 edition of The Best Lawyers in America.
- Listed in the 2012 and 2013 editions of Ohio Super Lawyers as a super lawyer, and listed in the 2013 edition as one of the top 25 women lawyers in Cleveland, and one of the top 50 women lawyers in Ohio.
- In 2010, awarded the Cleveland Metropolitan Board Association’s Presidents’ Award for her exceptional service to the Bar and the legal community as the Fundraising Chair of the Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Foundation.
- Listed in the 2005, 2006, 2009 and 2010 editions of Ohio Super Lawyers as a rising star.
- Board member, Ohio Women’s Bar Association, 2013.
- Co-chair, International Women’s Insolvency and Restructuring Confederation, N.E. Ohio Chapter, 2013.
- Vice President of Development, Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Foundation, 2012/2013.
- Vice chair, Women’s Section, Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association, 2012/2013.
- “Modern Tales of Potential Personal Liability for Officers, LLC Members and Bankruptcy Trustees,” Bar Journal of the Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association, September 2012.
- “What Qualifies as a Municipality Under Chapter 9 of the Federal Bankruptcy Law,” Westlaw Journal Bankruptcy, July 19, 2012.
- “Create Your Own Path,” Bar Journal of the Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association, April 2012.
- “Sellers of Goods Beware! A Written Reclamation Demand May Not be Enough,” Squire Sanders Restructuring & Insolvency Update, Spring 2011.
- “Representing AmTrust Financial Corporation in Chapter 11 Proceedings Calls for Innovative and Shrewd Moves,” Squire Sanders Restructuring & Insolvency Update, Spring 2010.
- “SemCrude Court Provides Clarification on Treatment of Section 503(b)(9) Claims for Goods Received by Debtors in the 20 Days Prior to Bankruptcy,” Squire Sanders Restructuring & Insolvency Update, Fall 2009.
- “Cash Collateral & Debtor in Possession Financing,” Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association, December 2012.
- “2012 Summit of Extraordinary Women,” hosted by Squire Sanders, September 2012.
- “Making the Client Happy: Tips on Working Successfully with In-House Counsel Clients,” Annual Meeting of the Ohio Women’s Bar Association, May 2012.
- “Hot Topics in Bankruptcy,” William J. O’Neill Regional Bankruptcy Seminar, May 2010.
- “Introduction to Chapter 11 of the Bankruptcy Code,” Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association, December 2009.
- “The Ins and Outs of Insolvency,” Capital University Law School’s Sixth Annual Business and Tax Institute Conference, October 2009.
- “Section 365 in Bankruptcy Proceedings,” Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association’s Annual Real Estate Section Seminar, October 2009.
- “Interplay of Bankruptcy and the Real Estate Crisis,” National Business Institute Teleconference, May 2009.
- “2009 Bankruptcy Law Update Seminar,” National Business Institute, Cleveland, April 2009.
The Ohio State University, J.D., managing editor, The Ohio State Law Journal
, 2000University of Redlands, B.S., 1997
U.S. Ct. of App., Sixth Circuit
U.S. Dist. Ct., N. Dist. of Ohio
U.S. Dist. Ct., S. Dist. of Ohio
U.S. Dist. Ct., W. Dist. of Pennsylvania