Ramón Castilla is partner of the Corporate-Real Estate department in our Madrid office. He has more than 15 years of experience as a corporate M&A and real estate lawyer and leads the Real Estate practice in our Madrid office.
His main expertise is based on the advise on corporate and real estate operations such as: (i) Purchase and sale of the companies operating in the real estate sector; (ii) Purchase and lease back of all types of real estate assets (department stores, office buildings, industrial premises, hotels); (iii) Sale & Lease Back operations of real estate assets; (iv) Financing and corporate restructuring of real estate groups; (v) Lease agreements acting for both landlords and tenants; (vi) Hotel operation and commercial management agreements; (vii) Turn key and forward funding agreements; (viii) M&A, corporate and business law and assistance on Due Diligence processes acting for both the Seller Due Diligence and for the Purchaser Due Diligence.
His expertise also covers advising to international groups on their hydrocarbon research projects in Spain.
Our Spanish Real Estate Practice has been awarded as “Real Estate Law Firm of the Year” in 2009, 2010 and 2011, by several international legal publications (ACQ Finance Magazine; Corporate INTL Magazine, etc.). Ramon is also noted in Chambers Europe 2012 and 2013
for his real estate expertise.
Ramón is a regular speaker at various legal forums and conferences, he is the lecturer of the “Corporate – Real Estate” course at the master in international law (LLM) in the ISDE (Instituto Superior de Derecho y Economía), and author of several articles published in economic and legal publications.
Ramón Castilla is recognized by Chambers Europe 2013
for his client-oriented ethic and solution driven approach to cases and for his ability to maintain his focus and determination whilst delivering a client-friendly service. “In a difficult market it provides an excellent balance between the required legal risk protection and enough flexibility to make the deals possible."
- Advising on the acquisition, promotion, construction, development and leasing processes of different retail parks in Spain.
- Advising on a major sale and leaseback transaction on hypermarkets executed in Spain.
- Advising on the financial and corporate restructuring of several shopping centers including one of the largest shopping center transactions in Spain.
- Advising on the financial and corporate restructuring of Spain-based hotels including the negotiation of their management contracts.
- Advising on the leasing process for the largest shopping center in Europe.
- Advising on the leaseback and development of real estate properties (commercial projects, offices, etc.), located in Spain.
- Advising on the financial and corporate restructuring of both national and international groups.
- Advising on several hydrocarbon research projects by foreign groups in Spain including their relations with the corresponding public administrations.