Morna Mackenzie is an Associate in the Labour & Employment practice group in London advising on all areas of employment law for corporate clients in a number of sectors including financial services, hotels and media.
Morna provides advice in relation to a broad range of day to day employment law queries including employment status, holiday pay, sickness, grievances, disciplinaries and dismissals. She also advises in relation to employment liabilities in the context of corporate transactions.
Morna regularly acts for employers in Tribunal cases including successfully defending unfair dismissal claims, complex discrimination issues and whistleblowing claims. She also advises in relation to breach of contract and business protection matters in the County and High Courts.
Morna also speaks at client seminar and training events.
- Acting for a hotel chain to successfully resolve an unfair dismissal/ race discrimination claim.
- Advising a leading advertising and marketing services conglomerate in relation to an injunctive business protection action against eight Defendants.
- Advising a leading provider of IT solutions in relation to collective consultation, redundancy dismissals and changes to terms and conditions in the context of a TUPE transfer.
- Acting for a household name employer on a complex union-backed redundancy claim brought by 30 Claimants.
- Acting for an international company in injunction proceedings and subsequent High Court committal proceedings and contract claim against a senior UK employee.