Named by Legal Media Group to its Guide to the World’s Leading Energy and Natural Resource Lawyers.
Recognized as a leading individual in the field by Chambers Global: The World’s Leading Lawyers 2014.
Alfredo G. Anzola
Alfredo Anzola focuses his practice on serving leading manufacturing, telecommunications, consumer product industries and energy companies throughout Latin America, particularly in Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, Panama and Venezuela in areas such as mergers and acquisitions, foreign investment, joint ventures, and distribution agreements.
Alfredo’s vast experience with the structuring, documenting and negotiating international contracts ranges from manufacturing agreements, distribution contracts, agency and joint venture agreements in the trading sector and consumer products industry; acquisition of business portfolios in the telecom industry; power purchase contracts, host government arrangements, farm-ins, privatizations, nationalizations and expropriations in the electricity and power generation business; to oil and gas profit sharing contracts, oil and gas operating agreements, LNG tolling contracts and oil and gas transportation and sales contracts in the oil and gas industry.
Alfredo is registered as an arbitrator by the Bolivian Arbitration Center of the Bolivian Chamber of Commerce. He is an active member of the Venezuelan Bar Association, Association of International Petroleum Negotiators, International Bar Association Section on Natural Resources, Venezuelan Association of Gas Processors (AVPG), Venezuelan-American Chamber of Commerce & Industry, Mining Committee and Colombian-Venezuelan Chamber of Commerce. He is also adviser to the Venezuelan Association of Hydrocarbons (AVHI).
Alfredo is listed in the most recent editions of the Guide to the World’s Leading Energy and Natural Resources Lawyers
, Chambers Global: The World’s Leading Lawyers
and Chambers Latin America
- Representing a Venezuela/Switzerland-based cheese and dairy products manufacturer in two separate joint ventures for the operation of two dairy processing plants in the Dominican Republic.
- Representing a Florida-based company in the negotiation of a distribution agreement of dairy products in Panama.
- Representing a services provider in the termination of its distribution agreement with a local distributor in the Dominican Republic.
- Representing a manufacturer of electronic tags and antitheft devices in the termination of a distribution agreement in Venezuela.
- Representing a manufacturer of electronic tags and antitheft devices in the performance of a distribution agreement for Venezuela, Suriname and the Dutch Caribbean (Aruba, Curacao, St. Marteen, Saba and Bonaire).
- Representing a manufacturer of electronic tags and anti-theft devices in the negotiation of a sales and purchase agreement with a major retailer in Colombia.
- Representing an international business conglomerate in two separate transactions for the acquisition of two telecom business portfolio in Chile valued at an aggregate of US$14 million.
- Representing an international manufacturer of valves and industrial equipment in the acquisition of a manufacturing plant in Brazil valued at BR$185 million.
- Representing a world-class provider of engineering, construction and operations solutions to global water, environmental, transportation and facilities markets in the BR$562.3 million sale of its Brazil power transmission line business to a leading Italian electric transmission company.
- Representing a US-based technical and support services firm in the US$25 million sale of its public utility enterprise (water) in the State of Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
- Negotiating the sale of a supplier of industrial water services in Venezuela valued at US$41.7 million.
- Negotiating the sale of a power generating company in Venezuela valued at US$63 million.
- Negotiating and drafting of a jet fuel oil storage and supply agreement for a port operator in the Dominican Republic, including drafting of port regulations for Puerto Haina Oriental.
- Advising a major manufacturer of electronic equipment in the termination of various agreements with several clients in Argentina, Ecuador and the Dominican Republic, including arbitrating three disputes arising out of such termination in the Buenos Aires Chamber of Commerce.
- Advising a major provider of alarm and remote control monitoring services on structuring its investment and business in Colombia.
- Advising an international manufacturer of armored glass on structuring and implementing a finance policy for supply of armored glass to distributors and corporate clients in Germany.
- Advising a major energy company in the acquisition of three multipurpose cargo vessels estimated at an aggregate of US$80 million.
- Advising a major energy corporation in the acquisition of a fleet of executive jets from Bombardier, Dassault and HawkerBeechcraft corporations estimated at an aggregate of more than US$200 million closed in Aruba.
- Structuring the foreign investment of an international oil and gas company in Ecuador.
- Advising a Venezuela-based power generating company on the restructuring, organization and consolidation of its power generating affiliates in Venezuela.
- Leading the legal team in negotiations for structuring and developing an international joint venture for the exploitation of offshore natural gas reserves and developing an LNG project in Venezuela.
- Advising on and drafting of a master plan to develop Venezuela's offshore natural gas reserves.
- Advising on and drafting of a license to transport natural gas through an offshore 200-mile natural gas pipeline and drafting the associated natural gas throughput model contracts.
- Advising on and drafting a license to liquefy natural gas through an LNG tolling plant in Eastern Venezuela and drafting the associated model of the tolling agreement.
- Participating in structuring and developing of a thermal power generating plant and a wind power generating plant, both to be located in Western Venezuela.
- Advising in the structuring and drafting of various agreements to facilitate development of an infrastructure coal-related project including construction and financing of a railroad and deepwater terminal in Western Venezuela.
Georgetown University, LL.M., 1995Universidad Catolica Andres Bello, J.D., 1991
Florida, Foreign Legal Consultant, Not Admitted to Practice Law in Florida,