Squire Sanders’ global business immigration practice is comprised of lawyers from its international offices as well as a network of trusted external counsel. We offer comprehensive, practical and creative solutions to assist clients with the movement of their global workforce wherever they do business.
Our advice on relevant best practices, industry trends and legal developments helps clients to avoid technical pitfalls, delays in transferring key staff and the repercussions of noncompliance, which can include tough financial penalties and criminal prosecution.
We also provide clients with updates through e-alerts, webinars and onsite seminars.
We have extensive experience in advising a diverse client base. Our multidisciplinary approach, bringing together lawyers with employment, corporate and tax law expertise, also enables us to advise clients on other relevant legal issues related to movement of key staff around the world.
Scope of Services
- A “one-stop shop” for the smooth and efficient transfer of employees and executives around the world (ensuring key staff satisfaction and retention).
- Drafting, preparing and submitting all business immigration related work authorizations, licenses, visas, residence and citizenship applications.
- Defending against criminal and civil penalties or sanctions (both corporate and individual).
- Immigration compliance training, audits and assessments including employment eligibility verification and advice on the prevention of illegal employment.
- Round-the-clock service from experienced business immigration lawyers in time zones throughout the world.
- Advice on immigration aspects of tax, export controls and employment law.
- Immigration status tracking technology including case management systems and client access to immigration portal.
A full list of our global immigration experience