Peter Lees is an associate in the litigation team in Manchester. Peter trained with Squire Sanders and is experienced in dealing with all forms of dispute resolution. In particular, Peter regularly advocates on behalf of clients in court and represents clients in mediations.
Peter acts on behalf of numerous financial and commercial clients in negligence, breach of trust and breach of fiduciary duty claims against professionals including solicitors, patent attorneys, surveyors and accountants.
Peter is also experienced in representing clients defending private nuisance claims, particularly against renewable energy organisations.
Peter has a commercial background, having worked in sales, advertising and marketing for companies including The Telegraph Group and Viacom prior to entering the legal profession.
- Acting for a leading UK building society in successfully mediating a number of claims against a surveying firm.
- Acting for a major renewable energy company in defending private nuisance claims.
- Advising a technology company in a claim against its former patent attorney.
- Advising a leading UK high street bank and a building society on their breach of trust claims.
- Advising several high-profile banks and brokers in mis-selling claims, harassment claims and various retail banking litigation-related disputes.
- Acting on behalf of franchisors to enforce restrictive covenants against franchisees and former franchisees including Pirtek (UK) Limited v Joinplace Ltd & others  EWHC 1641(Ch).
University of Birmingham, B.A., Honors, 1996Manchester Metropolitan University, Graduate Diploma, Law, 2005Manchester Metropolitan University, L.P.C., 2006
England and Wales,