Peter Lees' practice encompasses general commercial dispute resolution, with a particular emphasis on finance litigation as part of the financial services litigation team, which acts in relation to a wide range of disputes for banks, building societies, insurers, brokers and asset and invoice finance companies.
Prior to entering the legal profession, Peter worked for several years in the advertising industry in the UK.
- Bringing claims in professional negligence against the professional advisers to banks and building societies, in particular the CEDR award-nominated professional negligence "mass-mediation" project for Lloyds Banking Group.
- Advising several high-profile banks and brokers in payment protection insurance mis-selling claims, harassment claims and various retail banking litigation-related disputes.
- Acting for a major insurance provider in settling a multi-million pound dispute regarding personal injury claims.
- Extensive recent experience in obtaining interim injunctions, in particular acting on behalf of franchisors to enforce restrictive covenants against franchisees and former franchisees, including the recently reported case of Pirtek (UK) Limited v Joinplace Ltd & others  EWHC 1641(Ch).
- Acting for several clients in relation to complex debt recovery proceedings, with a particular emphasis on international enforcement (within the European Union).
University of Birmingham, B.A (Hons), 1996Manchester Metropolitan University, Graduate Diploma in Law, 2005Manchester Metropolitan University, LPC, 2006
England and Wales,