In the News
Co-authored an article regarding the impact of EU accession on real estate transactions in Central and Eastern Europe appearing on PLC Cross-border.
Malgorzata P. Grzelak
Małgorzata Grzelak’s practice focuses on labor and employment, corporate and real estate issues. She advises clients in the energy industry, hotel industry, commercial and service sectors, and various other industries.
Małgorzata provides advice to investors outside Poland in the course of their commercial activities on investment processes including all aspects of setting up a business presence in Poland, acquisition or leasing of real estate, structuring of labor and employment relations, immigration, and various corporate and contract law issues. She counsels both local and international entrepreneurs conducting business in Poland with respect to contract, collective and individual labor law and real estate law. Małgorzata also advises clients on various aspects of occupational safety and health regulations. She has served as counsel in numerous merger and acquisition transactions and restructuring processes, particularly with the development of principles and procedures for employee takeovers and the legal aspects of remuneration systems and labor organizations, and often including significant real estate components. She also advises on closing operations in Poland including mass redundancies.
Małgorzata is recognized for her real estate practice in PLC Which lawyer? Yearbook 2009
. Małgorzata is co-author of “EU Competition Law: ECJ Judgments in 1990 – 2004” and “EU Competition Law: CFI Judgments in 1990 – 2004,” as well as Legal Guidance for Establishing Corporations in 40 Countries & Regions
and a chapter on Polish Immigration Law in Inside the Minds: Immigration Law Client Strategies in the EU.
- Providing ongoing counseling to a motor vehicle parts manufacturer on the transfer of employees, unification and implementation of new collective labor law regulations (remuneration regulations, work regulations, social benefits fund regulations and business travel regulations), and various individual employee cases relating to recruitment, current staff dismissals, training and implementation of internal employee-related policies including negotiations with suppliers of services for employees.
- Providing legal counsel to an international bank on social security premiums and payments for its employees in Poland and counseling on proposing new rules and regulations pertaining to compensation and bonuses.
- Counseling a bank’s majority shareholder in structuring bonus schemes for the senior management and key personnel of the bank located in Poland.
- Providing legal counsel to a capital group of furniture producers in Poland on structuring employment relations with its directors and officers including employment contracts and noncompete covenants, as well as transfer of undertakings (employees) procedures and negotiations of collective regulations for the workplace.
- Counseling the world’s leading manufacturer of construction and mining equipment on immigration issues in Poland.
- Counseling an India-based software services and consulting company on structuring labor and employment relations in its Poland office, as well as providing legal counsel on immigration issues pertaining to non-EU citizens.
- Counseling a five-star hotel on individual and collective labor issues and employment disputes.
- Providing legal counsel to companies from the energy sector (a national power grid operator and its subsidiaries) in negotiations with trade unions operating in the companies; the implementation of the new remuneration system; collective labor disputes with trade unions; the process of transferring employees and negotiations with trade unions in pursuance of EU directives; and negotiations of collective bargaining agreements.
- Analyzing the remuneration and work organization system for a paper products manufacturer, providing day-to-day counseling in individual and collective labor law issues and advising on employment disputes, relations with trade unions, and implementation of collective regulations on remuneration and work organization.
- Counseling a non-Poland-based investor on negotiations of a social package in the privatization of a ceramics producer.
- Counseling a telecom company in implementation of compensation and organizational regulations, elections of work council and various employment issues including contract drafting and termination.
- Counseling a Belgium-based leading manufacturer of specialty chemicals for the pulp and paper industry in an employment dispute in Poland.
- Advising private investors on numerous mergers and acquisitions projects in the service sector and other branches of industry.
University of Lodz, J.D., 1999Universitá degli Studi di Reggio Calabria, 1997
Bar of Legal Advisors, Warsaw,