Markus Schmucker advises on banking and finance law and restructuring and insolvency matters.
His advises banks, other financial institutions and borrowers on all aspects of financing including large cross-border financing transactions and alternative financing structures.
Markus’ experience includes financial restructurings and non-performing loan transactions and other distressed debt investments as well as the financing and refinancing of real estate acquisitions. His expertise also includes factoring, receivables finance and asset-based lending structures.
Markus has advised corporate clients in obtaining financing, particularly in structured finance transactions. He has also advised financial institutions with respect to new financial products in Germany and on all aspects of regulatory compliance.
- Advising a UK bank in a disposal of a €2 billion property portfolio.
- Advising a Germany-based bank in €700 million financing of re-municipalisation of water supplier.
- Advising lender on its €250 million participation in a €4 billion syndicated loan.
- Advising on German law issues including security in a multi-jurisdictional finance transaction.
- Advising investors on acquisitions in Germany.
- Advising the investor of a real estate portfolio on the refinancing of the acquisition.
- Advising banks on the restructuring of loans, debt-for-equity swap and other restructurings, as well as on exit strategies and in insolvency scenarios.
- Advising Germany-based corporations and groups as well as banks on multiple national and pan-European trade receivables transactions.
- Advising financial institutions and banks on receivables finance structures including supply chain finance for their customers.
Membership & Affiliations
- Membership Association des Etudiants en Droit Comparé, Strasbourg, Université de France.
- Membership Association for Interdisciplinary European Legal Science.