Lucci Dammone has over 25 years experience as a commercial litigator dealing with all forms of dispute resolution, including High Court litigation, arbitration and mediation.
His area of expertise includes company and commercial disputes (including shareholder dispute, warranty and other commercial claims, claims against directors), professional negligence claims (for both claimant and defendant), all aspects of pension disputes at both scheme and member level,partnership disputes (he has acted for both firms and individual partners in disputes covering all aspects of partnership law), information technology and franchising.
Lucci is particularly well known for advising a number of institutions in the financial services sector and in the chemical industry were he has a wealth of experience dealing with a wide range of litigation and disputes, often involving complex issues of law requiring high level strategic advice.
Lucci heads up the Manchester Commercial & Dispute Resolution team in Manchester. He is CEDR Accredited Mediator and a keen advocate of alternative dispute resolution.
"He is dynamic and charismatic, gives strong advice and considers all the options from a commercial perspective", Chambers UK
"Charismatic’” with an “excellent approach and a sharp intellect”, The Legal 500 UK
"Highly analytical", The Legal 500 UK
Lucci is popular with clients for "delivering an excellent service and giving clear and concise advice", Chambers UK
- Acting on behalf of a major international insurance group in successfully pursuing a warranty claim against vendors of a leading insurance brokerage business. The quantum of the claim was significant and required complex issues to be addressed. The strategy adopted involved aggressively pursuing High Court proceedings which ultimately resulted in the defendants capitalising and settling the claim following a mediation on very favourable terms.
- Acting on behalf a global chemical company against a major Belgium based chemical manufacturer in connection with a breach of a long term supply contract by the Belgium company. The litigation involved High Court proceedings in the UK as well as separate injunction proceedings in the Belgium courts.
- Advising leading wholesale supplier of media and entertainment products in connection with a multi million pound dispute with a major high street retailer arising out of the unlawful the termination of an exclusive supplier agreement. The dispute involved a number of sensitive commercial issues for both parties and was successfully resolved following a mediation.
- Acting in high court proceedings on behalf of a leading international textile company against a number of former employees. The proceedings involved obtaining world-wide freezing orders (in particular covering assets and bank accounts in Europe and the Far East) as well the obtaining and executing simultaneously search and seizure orders at a number locations, ands tracing assets in a number of different countries.
- Advising one of the leading manufacturers of industrial batteries in connection with a dispute with a leading Taiwanese manufacturer of telecom systems who had supplied the telecoms infrastructure for South Korea. The dispute involved complex jurisdictional and contractual issues as the Supply Agreement was subject to Swedish law but required any dispute to be referred to arbitration in Paris, even though the batteries were to be delivered to South Korea.
- Successfully defending winding up proceedings brought on the grounds of public interest by the Secretary of State for Business Innovations and Skills against a franchise company with a network of franchisees extending throughout the UK and into Europe.