Recognized in Florida Super Lawyers-Rising Stars 2012, a listing of the top up-and-coming lawyers in Florida, according to a survey distributed by Thomson Reuters.
Jason Daniel Joffe
Jason Joffe serves the business litigation needs and advises a wide variety of clients, including international financial institutions, private equity groups, and closely held corporations. Jason provides common sense, efficient and business-minded solutions to even the most complex commercial disputes. Jason has tried various commercial disputes in both state and federal court and has argued before several of Florida’s district courts of appeal and federal circuit courts of appeal.
Prior to joining Squire Sanders, Jason served as a judicial clerk to The Honorable Robert M. Gross of the Fourth District Court of Appeal for the state of Florida. Jason seizes upon the experience and insight he obtained as an appellate clerk by litigating cases at the trial court level with an eye toward ensuring that those cases are upheld if appealed and counseling clients on various appellate issues that arise during the course of litigation.
In 2012 he was selected for inclusion in Florida Super Lawyers – Rising Stars
, published by Thomson Reuters, a distinction honoring the top up-and-coming lawyers, defined as 40 years of age and younger or in the practice of law for less than 10 years. He is a licensed real estate sales associate in Florida. Jason is a member of the American Bar Association, The Florida Bar and the Palm Beach County Bar Association. He is rated AV by Martindale-Hubbell.
- Successfully representing a corporation in an unsuccessful attempt by dissident shareholders to force the company to recognize alleged proxy rights of a former shareholder. Judgment in favor of the corporation was obtained after a three-day trial.
- Successfully defeating attacks on the federal court’s subject matter jurisdiction, and then obtaining summary judgment of foreclosure on historic beachfront Traymore Hotel in South Beach on behalf of client SR South Beach One, LLC (a spinoff of New York private real estate investment firm Steep Rock Capital).
- Obtaining summary judgment in favor of an affiliate of a major international financial institution on issues related to credit life insurance and successfully arguing before Florida’s Fifth District Court of Appeal that the summary judgment should be affirmed.
- Successfully arguing before Florida’s Second District Court of Appeal that an eight-figure final judgment should be affirmed.
- Arguing before the US Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals on issues of immigration and due process.
- Serving as staff attorney for the 800 MHz Transition Administrator in connection with the movement of a major telecom provider to new frequency bands to eliminate interference to public safety and other licensees, the largest such realignment of radio spectrum in the history of the FCC.
- Assisting in the appeal of a reduction of a client’s award by a total of US$78 million including US$48 million in compensatory damages and US$30 million in punitive damages.
- Successfully obtaining a seven-figure judgment after a three-day federal trial, while also obtaining a zero-liability verdict on a multimillion-dollar counterclaim.
- Representing creditors and collection agencies in defense of consumer actions involving the Truth in Lending Act, Fair Debt Collection Practices Act and related statutes.
- Representing lenders in mortgage modifications and workouts.
- Serving as local counsel in complex, multiparty construction litigation.
- Serving as local counsel on behalf of financial institutions in Madoff litigation.
- Representing individual and corporate clients in various breach of contract and business tort cases.
Nova Southeastern University, J.D., summa cum laude, articles editor, Nova Law Review, 2005University of Florida, B.S., 2000
U.S. Ct. of App., Ninth Circuit
U.S. Ct. of App., Eleventh Circuit
U.S. Dist. Ct., Middle Dist. of Florida
U.S. Dist. Ct., S. Dist. of Florida