News, Events & Publications
Squire Sanders selected as a go-to law firm in Corporate Counsel’s 2013 edition of "In-House Law Departments at the Top 500 Companies."
C5's European Pharmaceutical Regulatory Law – IQ Intensive
Date: 22-23 September 2010
Time: 22 September: 9:00 - 18:00
23 September: 9:00 - 17:45
Location: Meliã White House London; Regents Park Albany Street NW1 3UP; London, UK
Squire Sanders is pleased to participate in C5’s “European Pharmaceutical Regulatory Law - IQ Intensive” programme, taking place 22-23 September 2010 in London. The event will bring together regulatory leaders who will provide insight into the framework and key interfaces of pharmaceutical law and regulation.
Squire Sanders European Partner Cristiana Spontoni will co-present "Medicines Promotion: A Roadmap to Compliance in the EU" with Bryan Black, senior legal counsel with Novartis HQ Basel, on 22 September. Topics will include:
- Key regulatory provisions
- Navigating the compliance framework
- Recent case law on the advertising of medicinal products
- Rules related to interactions with doctors and health institutions, and compliance pressure points
- Significant issues concerning patient access to information on medicines in Europe
- Compliance issues surrounding communication of drug information with the public on the Web
Other areas of focus for the conference include:
- An overview of the EU regulatory framework applicable to pharmaceutical companies
- Protocols for where and when regulators can come into contact with your business, relative to such matters as data protection and monitoring of manufacturing standards
- Succeeding in the drug approval process
- Ramifications of the EU Pharmaceutical antitrust Sector Inquiry
- Interplay between the patent and approval processes for drugs and biologics
- Significance of groundbreaking cases relating to supplementary patent certificates, drug promotion and health technology assessments
- A review of the Clinical Trials Directive
Visit the event website to register. Use discount code 531L11.SSD to receive a 15 percent discount.
Legal Week Client Satisfaction Report 2014
Squire Patton Boggs is ranked Top Global Legal Adviser in the Legal Week Client Satisfaction Report 2014, a survey ranking the UK's largest law firms according to feedback from the largest companies in Europe, US, Asia, the Middle East and Africa.