In partnership with the manufacturers’ organisation EEF, Squire Sanders is pleased to announce the release of a key industry report into re-shoring manufacturing.
“Backing Britain: A Manufacturing Base for the Future
” looks at the sourcing of UK-based suppliers and the current trend towards re-shoring production in-house. In particular, it looks at some of reasons why manufacturers are choosing to re-shore, such as a renewed focus on delivery certainty and speed, and a reputation for increased quality in UK manufacture.
Some of the key findings from this report include:
- 1 in 6 companies re-shored production in-house in last three years
- 1 in 6 companies re-shored sourcing to a UK based supplier
- China the main country to re-shore from followed by Eastern Europe
- Delivery certainty and speed the main reasons followed by quality
- 40% of companies see turnover increase and 60% see profit and employment increase
The report also makes several recommendations for the UK Government to maintain the momentum of re-shoring and capture as much high-value manufacturing in the UK as possible.