Maliha Mahmood’s practice focuses on competition law in the European Union. Maliha has assisted on a variety of competition matters for international clients in a range of business sectors including energy, retail (fast-moving consumer goods), healthcare, manufacturing and telecommunications.
- Assisting clients in relation to several cartel investigations before the European Commission including the LCD screen cartel investigation, the airfreight fuel surcharge cartel investigation, the refrigeration compressors cartel investigation, the optical disk drives cartel investigation and the car components cartel investigation.
- Assisting in appeals to the General Court against European Commission cartel fines of €116.8 million and €8.22 million respectively.
- Assisting a specialty chemicals company on the merger control aspects of a US$3.2 billion acquisition.
- Assisting a pharmaceutical company on the merger control aspects of a €314 million acquisition.
- Assisting a multinational retail (fast-moving consumer goods) company in the analysis of its notification requirements within the European Union relating to cross-border transactions.
- Assisting a multinational company on the commercial law aspects of distribution agreements for medical devices.
King's College, London, Postgraduate Diploma, EU Competition Law, with merit, 2012BPP Law School, L.P.C., with distinction, 2006BPP Law School, Graduate Diploma, Law, with commendation, 2005London School of Economics, M.Sc., Economic History, with merit, 2004Durham University, B.A., History, 2.1, 2003
England and Wales,