Karl Maria Walter
Karl Walter focuses primarily on corporate and commercial law and has profound experience in all aspects of cross-border transactions, mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, restructurings and high profile dispute resolution in Germany. Karl’s client portfolio includes multinational companies and their German entities, as well as German “Mittelstand” companies. He regularly advises Asia-based clients doing business in Germany. His specific experience includes the automotive, chemicals, electronics and medical technology industries.
The quality of his work in mergers and acquisitions and dispute resolution is regularly noted in the JUVE Handbook of German Corporate and Commercial Law Firms
Karl’s publications include “Cash Pooling Pitfalls in Germany?” in The Lawyer
and the chapter “Legal Due Diligence” in Handbook for Entrepreneurs
- Advising a Hong Kong based strategic investor in the acquisition of several German and EU-based entities in the steel and automotive business from a PE Fund.
- Advising a minority shareholder in pursuing his interests in shareholder meetings; representing the shareholder in related dispute resolution matters.
- Regularly advising a supervisory board in various corporate, restructuring and dispute resolution matters.
- Advising a group of shareholders in the sale of shares in several companies to a Japanese strategic IT investor.
- Representing various US-based investors in the acquisition of shares and assets in Germany.
- Advising a German healthcare company on joint ventures in China.
- Advising a Vietnamese bank on entering the German market.
- Advising a large Japan-based electronics company and other multinational companies in restructurings in Germany.
- Advising a Germany-based infrastructure company on enlargement of a chemical site and on new industrial settlements on the site.
- Representing a Malta-based holding company in an option agreement and the sale of shares in Germany.
- Representing a Germany-based bank in the sale of shares in an investment bank.
- Representing a UK-based real estate group in the acquisition and development of a logistics site at a former NATO airport in Germany.
- Leading and supervising legal due diligence proceedings for sellers and investors.
- Advising on renewable energy investments and the sale of power plants.
- Advising and representing investors on construction and operation of new manufacturing plants.
- Advising on dispute resolution proceedings related to national and cross-border transactions.
- Regularly advising multinational and domestic clients on general corporate and reorganization matters in Germany.