Jeremy W. Dutra
Jeremy Dutra is a member of the Squire Sanders Litigation Practice Group. Jeremy focuses his practice on complex commercial business, antitrust and intellectual property disputes. His practice includes civil, criminal and appellate litigation before both federal and state courts, as well as representing clients in arbitration proceedings and in federal investigations. Jeremy also has experience representing and counseling clients concerning government contracts, teaming agreements and subcontracts, bid protests before the Court of Federal Claims, and internal audits and investigations.
- Defending a power and automation technologies company accused of patent infringement in the US District Court, Eastern District of Texas.
- Representing the owner of a patented juicer in an infringement action before the US District Court, Northern District of California.
- Representing the manufacturer of a high-performance blending system in appeal to US Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit of Board of Patent Appeals and Interferences decision in inter partes reexamination.
- Successfully defended multiple protests filed at the US Court of Federal Claims (Case Nos. 11-400C & 11-416C) and appealed to US Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit (Case No. 2012 5039) against a US$500 million award.
- Successfully defended a GAO protest of an award to a client by the US Agency for International Development.
- Representing the owner of a patented storm protection system in an infringement action before the US District Court, Southern District of Florida.
- Defending a manufacturer of truck transmissions accused of patent infringement; securing a summary judgment of non-infringement from the district court, which the US Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit affirmed.
- Representing a multifamily real estate investment firm before the Virginia Supreme Court; securing reversal of a lower court decision which resulted in a vacatur of a multimillion-dollar arbitration award.
- Representing Japan- and US-based freight forwarders in connection with a US Department of Justice (DOJ) criminal price-fixing investigation and related civil class actions.
- Defending a compressor manufacturer regarding a DOJ criminal price-fixing investigation and related civil class actions.
- Representing a major sports franchise and an affiliated ticketing company in private litigation alleging antitrust violations against a competing ticketing company.
- Defending an insurance broker in a class action alleging violations of federal and state antitrust laws.
- Defending a leading producer of flat glass in an antitrust action alleging price fixing in violation of Section 1 of the Sherman Act.
Georgetown University, J.D., cum laude, member, The Tax Lawyer, 2003The George Washington University, B.A., summa cum laude, Phi Beta Kappa, 2000
District of Columbia,
U.S. Supreme Court
U.S. Ct. of App., Fourth Circuit
U.S. Ct. of App., Federal Circuit
U.S. Ct. of App., District of Columbia Circuit
U.S. Dist. Ct., Dist. of Columbia
U.S. Dist. Ct., Dist. of Maryland
U.S. Dist. Ct., Dist. of Michigan
U.S. Ct. of Federal Claims