Co-author of an informative PowerPoint detailing the Obama Administration's new focus on antitrust enforcement in the health care industry.
Christopher H. Gordon
Christopher Gordon is a member of Squire Sanders' Antitrust, Competition & International Trade Group. His practice includes representing clients in mergers and acquisitions before the Federal Trade Commission (FTC), Antitrust Division of the Department of Justice and state competition authorities; counseling clients on a variety of joint venture and marketing and distribution practices; and advising clients on consumer protection issues. He has handled diverse issues involving advertising, trade association activities and matters before the US Food and Drug Administration. In addition, his practice includes handling both civil and criminal litigation matters as well as federal and state government investigations.
Christopher has advised clients in a variety of industries, with a particular emphasis on antitrust-related hospital and healthcare issues. He has represented healthcare clients before both federal and state competition agencies, and has counseled clients on antitrust issues related to managed care contracting, clinical integration and provider collaborations. He has also counseled clients in the chemicals, pharmaceuticals, financial services, aerospace, steel, entertainment, transportation and consumer products industries.
Christopher has significant criminal and civil antitrust litigation experience. He has defended clients in connection with Department of Justice criminal price-fixing investigations, as well as private class actions alleging violations of the Sherman Act.
He is a member of the District of Columbia Bar and the American Bar Association’s Section of Antitrust Law.
- Defending a major hospital system in an antitrust class action alleging price fixing, unlawful standard-setting activities and illegal information exchanges among competitors.
- Representing a vertically integrated health system in private antitrust litigation alleging unlawful exclusive dealing and monopolization claims.
- Representing Japan- and US-based freight forwarders in connection with a US Department of Justice criminal price-fixing investigation and related civil class actions.
- Defending the merger of the second and third largest hospitals in a three-hospital community.
- Representing a latex glove manufacturer in connection with a US Department of Justice civil investigation concerning alleged price-fixing activities.
- Representing a compressor manufacturer in connection with a US Department of Justice criminal price-fixing investigation and related civil class actions.
- Representing two health systems in connection with a state antitrust investigation into the acquisition of assets from a competing health system.
- Defending a large health system consortium in an FTC investigation into alleged illegal contracting activities including misuse of a messenger model.
- Representing a major chemicals manufacturer before the FTC and various non-US competition authorities in the acquisition of a competing chemicals manufacturer.
- Representing a major sports franchise and an affiliated ticketing company in private litigation alleging antitrust violations against a competing ticketing company.
University of Virginia, J.D., 1998University of Virginia, B.A., 1995
District of Columbia,
U.S. Ct. of App., District of Columbia Circuit
U.S. Dist. Ct., Dist. of Columbia