Dr. Annette Demmel is located in our Berlin office and a certified information technology lawyer (Fachanwältin für Informationstechnologierecht) as well as a certified copyright and media lawyer (Fachanwältin für Urheber- und Medienrecht)
Annette advises national and international businesses in IT law, privacy and data protection, telecommunication law, copyright and media law as well as competition law. She also acts as an external Data Protection Officer for companies and represents our clients in contentious and non-contentious issues frequently on a multi-jurisdictional basis.
- Examining the New EU Data Protection Regulation: What Companies Need to Know About Appointing a DPO, CFO UK, January 2013
- Article 29 Working Party Opinion on Cloud Computing, Co-Authors Ann LaFrance and Stephanie Faber, Client Publication, Squire Sanders (US) LLP, July 2012
- German Data Protection Authorities Examine The Use Of Website Analytics Tools, Client Alert, Squire Sanders (UK) LLP, June 2012
- The German Legislature Introduces Changes To The Ordering Process of E-Commerce Transactions, Co-Author Matei Ujica, Intellectual Property & Technology Update, Summer 2012
- Internet Sales in Germany: Vendors Must Align Order Menus With New Regulation, in: Newsletter Squire Sanders (UK) LLP, May 2012
- Hotel Operators must pay for TV Programs, Co-Authors Dr. Axel Kunze, Matei Ujica, in: Newsletter Squire Sanders (UK) LLP, October 2011
- Claims for Damages for Violations of Open Source Licenses, Co-Author Matei Ujica, in Newsletter Squire Sanders Hammonds, Intellectual Property & Technology Update, Spring 2011
- Five Critical Questions on Data Protection in Your Company, Co-Author Matei Ujica, in Data Protection Alert Squire Sanders (UK) LLP, March 2011
- Commentary on Telecommunications Act, in: Manssen (Hrsg.), Telekommunikations- und Multimediarecht, Erich Schmidt Verlag, Berlin 1999 - 2001
- Advising a leading international media group in connection with its German data compliance project, international data transfer and related employees’ rights.
- Leading the Round Table discussions for the social media strategy and implementation in one of the world’s best known companies.
- Structuring innovative e-business and entertainment platforms; advising on internet-related and privacy issues.
- Defending the architect’s copyright on a conspicuous building of contemporary architecture in Germany.
- Advising an US-based marketing company with one of the world’s largest databases for consumer marketing on data protection, serving as an external data protection officer for their German enterprise.
- Advising an international electronics group on legal aspects of data security.
- Representing a former state-owned enterprise in several court proceedings on IT law.
- Advising a telecommunication enterprise on legal aspects of the liberalisation to frequencies in order to rationalise the use of the spectrum.
Kammergericht Berlin, Second State Examination, 1998University of Greifswald, Ph.D., 1997Freie Universität Berlin, First State Examination, 1994