Dr. Annette Demmel is located in our Berlin office and a certified information technology lawyer (Fachanwältin für Informationstechnologierecht) as well as a certified copyright and media lawyer (Fachanwältin für Urheber- und Medienrecht)
For more than 15 years Annette has advised national and international businesses in e-commerce and IT and telecommunications law, privacy and data protection, copyright and competition law. She has been involved in the development of web-based marketing and distribution business models including commercial contracts in various industries. She also acts as an external Data Protection Officer for companies and represents our clients in contentious and non-contentious issues frequently on a multi-jurisdictional basis.
- Legal Aspects of Introduding Group-Wide Data Systems, Co-Author Tanja Weber, Client Publication, Squire Patton Boggs (US) LLP, January 2015
- Anti-Terror-Screening Obligations – Employers on the Horns of a Dilemma, Client Publication, Squire Patton Boggs (US) LLP, January 2015
- Legal Changes for Online Shops in Germany as of 13 June 2014, Client Publication, Squire Patton Boggs (US) LLP, May 2014
- Graphics and Designs Gain Improved Copyright Protection In Germany in “Birthday Train” Case“, Florian Traub and Annette Demmel, Global Business IP and Technology Blog Squire Sanders, 2nd December 2013
- Copyright Levies can be imposed on Printer and Computer Sales in the EU and Germany, Client Publication, Squire Patton Boggs (US) LLP, August 2013
- PRISM and US-EU Trade Effects: German Data Protection Authorities Consider Stopping Data Transfers to the US, Co-Author Matei Ujica, Client Alert, Squires Sanders (US) LLP, August 2013
- Crowdsourcing – How to cope with the legal risks, Co-Author Matei Ujica, Squire Sanders (US) LLP, IP&T Newsletter, July 2013
- Bring your own device, Considerations for your policy, Co-Author Tanja Weber, Squire Sanders (US) LLP, IP&T Newsletter, January 2013
- Examining the New EU Data Protection Regulation: What Companies Need to Know About Appointing a DPO, CFO UK, January 2013
- Article 29 Working Party Opinion on Cloud Computing, Co-Authors Ann LaFrance and Stephanie Faber, Client Publication, Squire Sanders (US) LLP, July 2012
- Social Media – Modern Communication from a Legal Perspective - Brochure, Co-Author Tanja Weber, Squire Sanders (US) LLP, June 2012
- German Data Protection Authorities Examine The Use Of Website Analytics Tools, Client Alert, Squire Sanders (UK) LLP, June 2012
- The German Legislature Introduces Changes To The Ordering Process of E-Commerce Transactions, Co-Author Matei Ujica, Intellectual Property & Technology Update, Summer 2012
- Internet Sales in Germany: Vendors Must Align Order Menus With New Regulation, in: Newsletter Squire Sanders (UK) LLP, May 2012
- Hotel Operators must pay for TV Programs, Co-Authors Dr. Axel Kunze, Matei Ujica, in: Newsletter Squire Sanders (UK) LLP, October 2011
- Claims for Damages for Violations of Open Source Licenses, Co-Author Matei Ujica, in Newsletter Squire Sanders Hammonds, Intellectual Property & Technology Update, Spring 2011
- Five Critical Questions on Data Protection in Your Company, Co-Author Matei Ujica, in Data Protection Alert Squire Sanders (UK) LLP, March 2011
- Commentary on Telecommunications Act, in: Manssen (Hrsg.), Telekommunikations- und Multimediarecht, Erich Schmidt Verlag, Berlin 1999 - 2001
- Implementing a centralized IT systems for HR management in international groups in more than 40 countries.
- Advising a leading international media group in connection with its German data compliance projects, international data transfer and related employees’ rights.
- Leading the Round Table discussions for the social media strategy and implementation in one of the world’s best known companies.
- Structuring innovative e-business in various industries as well as entertainment platforms; advising on internet-related and privacy issues.
- Advising an US-based marketing company with one of the world’s largest databases for consumer marketing on data protection, serving as an external data protection officer for their German enterprise.
- Advising an international electronics group on legal aspects of data security and data breaches.
+49 30 72616 8226
+49 30 72616 8001
Kammergericht Berlin, Second State Examination, 1998University of Greifswald, Doctor of Law, 1997Freie Universität Berlin, First State Examination, 1994