Recommended in the 2013 edition of The Legal 500 UK.
Peter Morley advises on a wide range of taxation issues relating to both UK and international businesses. His practice includes extensive experience of advising in relation to M&A transactions, private equity, IPO’s, takeovers and restructurings.
Peter regularly advises on the stamp duty land tax and VAT implications of property transactions, including the identification and implementation of tax efficient structures. Peter also advises on the adoption and administration of employee share plans.
Peter is a member of the Chartered Institute of Taxation and qualified as a Chartered Tax Adviser.
- Acting for UK companies (quoted and unquoted) on the taxation aspects of corporate acquisitions and disposals.
- Advising both venture capital entities and management on private equity investments including the tax efficient structuring of the investment vehicles.
- Advising individuals in relation to the disposal of shares including maximising the availability of entrepreneurs’ relief.
- Advising on one of the first private equity investments into a law firm using an Alternative Business Structure.
- Acting for companies on the implementation of employee share plans.
- Advising the tax efficient restructuring of corporate groups.
- Implementation of stamp duty land tax efficient structures for developers, investors and occupiers.
- Advising on structuring investments to qualify for Enterprise Investment Scheme relief.
- Contributor to Tax Aspects of the Purchase and Sale of a Private Company's Shares published by Bloomsbury Professional.
- PLC Tax Manual, chapter on Group Reorganisations.
University of Law, York, L.P.C., 2001Newcastle University, LL.B., 2000
England and Wales,
Chartered Tax Adviser,