Novogradac 8th Annual New Markets Tax Credit Spring Conference
Fecha: 10-12 June 2009
Hora: Pre-Conference Workshops:
9 a.m. – 4 p.m., Wednesday, June 10
9 a.m. – 5 p.m., Thursday, June 11
9 a.m. – noon, Friday, June 12
Sede: Park Hyatt Washington DC; 24 & M Streets, NW; Washington DC 20037
Squire, Sanders & Dempsey L.L.P. is pleased to co-host Novogradac & Company LLP’s 8th Annual New Markets Tax Credit Spring Conference. This event will offer NMTC professionals and industry veterans an opportunity to discuss, share and learn about issues shaping today’s NMTC industry, current and future trends, and the strategies that other professionals are employing to complete successful NMTC transactions.
Steven F. Mount, partner in the Squire Sanders Columbus office, will be a member of the welcome panel, from 8:30 to 9:30 a.m. on Thursday, June 11, introducing the conference and providing comments on the state of the NMTC program.
Columbus partner Erik J. Rickard will serve on the panel “Righting a Sinking Project,” from 2 to 2:50 p.m. on Thursday, June 11, discussing:
- Dealing with troubled Qualified Low-Income Community Investment (QLICI) loans and investments
- Community Development Entities (CDEs) and lenders – collaborating on courses of action when interests and concerns differ
- Navigating compliance issues related to reinvestment of foreclosure proceeds including “substantially all” requirements and allocation agreement provisions
Columbus associate J. Seth Metcalf will serve on the panel “Energetic Partners: The NMTC and the RETC,” from 4 to 4:50 p.m. on Thursday, June 11, discussing:
For more information and to register, visit the Novogradac conference webpage.
- Structuring alternatives that combine wind and solar credits with NMTCs
- Changes under the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act that make twinning credits easier
- The challenges and opportunities of enhancing NMTCs with renewable energy credits and incentives