Selected by peers as a rising star, the top 2.5 percent of lawyers age 40 or less, or in practice 10 years or less, and listed in the 2014 edition of Ohio Super Lawyers – Rising Stars.
Ryan A. Sobel
Ryan Sobel focuses his practice on general labor and employment issues including public and private sector employment litigation and trial work at the state and federal levels.
Ryan was named a Rising Star in Ohio Super Lawyers
after being selected by his peers as among the top up-and-coming Ohio lawyers 40 years of age and younger or in the practice of law for less than 10 years.
Ryan is an associate member of the Cleveland Employment American Inn of Court, where he serves on the Finance Committee. He is also a member of the Ohio State Bar Association (OSBA), and serves on the executive board for the OSBA’s New Lawyer Section. Ryan is active in the Northeast Ohio Chapter of March of Dimes and a member of the Tremont West Development Corporation.
- Providing legal counsel to various Fortune 500 companies on a wide range of employment matters and litigation.
- Representing a client at trial on age discrimination, retaliation and defamation claims, resulting in favorable jury verdict.
- Receiving a unanimous jury verdict on a claim for workers’ compensation death benefits, on behalf of a public school district client.
- Providing sexual harassment training to corporate executives, managers and employees.
- Lecturing on various employment-related issues including current judicial trends, litigation strategies and administration of personnel policies.
Studium und Ausbildung
Case Western Reserve University, J.D., magna cum laude, Order of the Coif, 2004Miami University, B.A., 2001
U.S. Dist. Ct., N. Dist. of Ohio
U.S. Dist. Ct., S. Dist. of Ohio