Rebekah M. Singh
Rebekah Singh focuses her practice on general health, safety and environmental matters. She focuses on all aspects of environmental counseling, compliance and litigation relating to solid and hazardous waste, air, water and underground storage tank matters. Rebekah has experience with major federal environmental statutes including the Comprehensive Environmental Response, Compensation, and Liability Act (CERCLA), Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA), Clean Water Act and Clean Air Act as well as with several state counterparts.
Rebekah is a member of the Columbus, Ohio State and Federal Bar Associations.
- Representing a spent petroleum catalyst recycler and ferroalloys producer in an appeal pending of a final rule promulgated under RCRA in the DC Circuit Court of Appeals.
- Representing a steel manufacturing client in an appeal of its National Pollutant Discharge and Elimination System Permit pending before the West Virginia Environmental Quality Board.
- Assisting in defending clients in toxic tort litigation involving nuisance, negligence and medical monitoring claims.
- Performing extensive research and analysis of issues that arise in CERCLA cost recovery and contribution cases including damages recoverable under each.
- Monitoring Ohio legislative and regulatory implementation of the Great Lakes-St. Lawrence River Basin Water Resources Compact.
- Performing environmental due diligence review and analyzing documents obtained through federal, state and local Freedom of Information Act requests relative to complex corporate and real estate transactions.
- Representing companies in various environmental litigation matters including cases involving claims of fraud, employer intentional tort, breach of contract, trespass and indemnification.
Studium und Ausbildung
University of Cincinnati, J.D., magna cum laude, Order of the Coif, managing editor, University of Cincinnati Law Review, 2008Wittenberg University, B.A., summa cum laude, 2005
U.S. Ct. of App., District of Columbia Circuit
U.S. Dist. Ct., S. Dist. of Ohio