Listed in Rzeczpospolita's annual legal rankings as one of Poland's leading lawyers in the area of financial investment.
Chambers Europe 2012 wrote, "Peter Swiecicki is widely recognised for his extensive experience in relation to infrastructure finance and privatisations."
Peter Swiecicki’s practice includes some of the largest infrastructure financings and privatizations in Central and Eastern Europe. His experience includes financings of the largest and most complex toll motorway project in Poland, as well as the main gas pipeline and the tallest office building in Central Europe. During the telecommunications boom, he handled both debt and equity telecommunications financings. He has represented international companies in a wide variety of matters relating to cross-border investments including financings, acquisitions, divestitures, restructurings, governance and real estate matters.
As an adviser to Poland’s ministers of finance and foreign economic relations following the end of the communist era, Peter assisted in drafting foreign investment and banking reform legislation, negotiating with multilateral institutions and formulating privatization and structuring strategies for state banks, holding companies and foreign trade enterprises. Subsequently, he served on the supervisory board of one of Poland’s leading commercial banks.
He has written extensively about foreign investment in Poland and is the author of several articles relating to cross-border investment issues.
Peter’s distinctions include Chambers Guide to the World’s Leading Lawyers, Guide to the World’s Leading Project Finance Lawyers, Global Counsel 3000, IFLR 1000, The Legal 500 EMEA, European Legal Experts
annual legal rankings.
He is a member of the International Bar Association, American Bar Association, Warsaw Bar of Advocates, Czech Bar Association and the State Bar of Michigan.
- Representing Autostrada Wielkopolska II S.A. (AWSA II), the project company for Poland’s A2 toll motorway Section II from the German border towards Poznań, on all phases of the project including the concession agreement, construction and operating agreements, a €1 billion finance contract with the European Investment Bank (EIB), a €400 million and PLN 150 million commercial credit and VAT facility agreement with a group of commercial banks, and €180 million equity investment by the project sponsors.
- Representing Autostrada Wielkopolska S.A. (AWSA), the project company for Poland’s A2 toll motorway Section I around Poznan, on all phases of the project including the concession agreement, construction and operating agreements, a €275 million finance contract with EIB, a €235 million commercial credit facility and a €235 million in subordinated debt and equity.
- Advising AWSA on a €240 million secondary market buyback and refinancing facility with Calyon as Mandated Lead Arranger and Facility Agent.
- Representing OHL in its negotiations with the Slovak government bidding for the R1 motorway project.
- Advising the project company EuRoPol GAZ on the US$1.2 billion financing of the Polish segment of the Yamal gas pipeline from Gazprom and Gazprombank.
- Acting as counsel on the Darlowo Wind Farm Project Phase II, a 95 MW total, consisting of 4 SPVs of Enerco and Invenergy with financing from a club of banks with BRE Bank as agent.
- Acting as counsel on the Darlowo Wind Farm Project Phase, an 80 MW total, consisting of 3 SPVs of Enerco and Invenergy with financing of PLN445 million from a club of banks with BRE Bank as agent.
- Advising Acciona Energia on financing from European Bank for Reconstruction and Development and other banks of acquisition and development of wind farm in Golice.
- Advising the Polish Minister of Finance on commercialization of nine state banks preparatory to their privatization.
- Representing a bank consortium on the senior debt financing for the construction of Warsaw’s tallest office building.
- Representing banks financing development of commercial real estate projects, and providing acquisition financing and corporate financing.
- Advising lead underwriter in the privatization of Telekomunikacja Polska S.A. (TPSA), and lead managers in bond issuance for TPSA under Rule 144A and Regulation S.
- Advising LOT Polish Airlines on sale–leaseback of 10 Boeing 737 airplanes.
- Advising LOT Polish Airlines on sale–leaseback of 3 Boeing 767 airplanes.
Studium und Ausbildung
University of Michigan, J.D., 1982Columbia University, M.A., 1977Georgetown University, B.S.F.S., 1976
Czech Republic (foreign attorney),
Chamber of Legal Advisors in Warsaw,