Noted for banking, finance and capital markets, as well corporate matters and mergers and acquisitions in Ukraine by the 2012 edition of The Legal 500 EMEA.
Squire Sanders and Salkom International Association
Squire Sanders-Salkom International Association offers its clients a powerful combination of enhanced local expertise and access to specialist knowledge across multiple jurisdictions. We serve our clients with more than 30 qualified lawyers in Ukraine, led by three partners with more than 20 years of experience each.
Our clients have access to a worldwide network of over 1,300 lawyers in 19 countries, leveraging the resources of a top 10 global law firm. Our clients are as diverse as our legal expertise. We represent various types of business, ranging from the largest Ukraine-based and publically traded multinational corporations to emerging companies and from individuals to financial institutions. We provide the full range of corporate legal advice required to implement commercial strategies, from establishment of companies to acquisitions to corporate finance and banking to regulatory advice. In the public sector, we counsel governments on legislative reforms, privatization and the establishment of regulatory systems.
We have renowned international and local dispute resolution capabilities. We represent clients before administrative, civil, criminal and economic courts of all levels including supreme judicial authorities as well as arbitration courts in Ukraine and abroad, e.g., the London Court of International Arbitration, the Vienna International Arbitration Center of the Austrian Federal Economic Chamber, and the Arbitration Institute of the Stockholm Chamber of Commerce.
- Anti-Corruption (FCPA/UK Bribery Act)
- Antitrust and Competition
- Banking and Finance
- Commercial Contracts
- Dispute Resolution
- Intellectual Property
- Labor and Employment
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Private Equity
- Real Estate
- Tax and Customs
- Energy and Natural Resources
- International Trade and Export Controls
- Life Science
- Real Estate and Construction
- Telecommunications, Media and Technology
Squire Sanders Recent Representative Transactions
- Representing Troika Dialog in a US$4 billion acquisition of two major Ukraine-based steel producers.
- Representing Group DF in several major acquisitions including four chemical fertilizer deals worth over US$2 billion, the US$440 million acquisition of Nadra Bank and the US$2.5 billion acquisition of the Inter Media Group.
- Representing Contour Global in an energy project funded by the Overseas Private Investment Corporation (OPIC), with a global transaction totaling US$250 million. The project was recognized as the best financial deal in 2010.
- Representing Valeant Pharmaceuticals in the US$364 million acquisition of Sanitas AB, a Lithuanian pharmaceutical company.
- Representing, in participation with Salkom, a Ukrainian company in a complex cross-border arbitration and litigation process worth approximately US$60 million.
Salkom Recent Representative Transactions
- Obtaining €27 million in fair compensation as a result of protecting the interests of Agrokompleks before the European Court of Human Rights in 2013.
- Protecting the interests of Sovtransavto-Holding before the European Court of Human Rights (as a result, the company obtained significant compensation for property damages in 2002).
- Protecting the interests of Ukrspetsexport before the Supreme Court of Prague (the amount due from a Czech bank to the company for the supply of armored infantry vehicles totaled US$2 million in 2004).
- Protecting, in association with Squire Sanders, the interests of Zorya-Mashproekt before a US district court (as a result of court proceedings, the company was almost fully discharged from the claimant’s claims totaling approximately US$4 million in 2005).
Squire Sanders-Salkom International Association
12 Khreschatyk Street
+380 44 591 3140
+380 44 591 3141