Maciej A. Szwedowski
Maciej Szwedowski focuses his practice on litigation and arbitration, as well as on energy law, insolvency and corporate issues. He represents corporate clients in court and arbitration proceedings, including disputes arising from energy projects, as well as other commercial and securities-related litigation.
Maciej also advises clients on energy-related projects including renewable energy, and has acted as counsel in numerous merger and acquisition transactions in Poland and abroad. He has significant experience assisting Italy- and Spain-based clients operating in the Poland market.
Prior to joining Squire Sanders, Maciej was a senior associate in the Warsaw office of an international law firm.
- Representing a group of investors from Spain on the acquisition rights of a wind park project in Northern Poland.
- Representing a Canada-based investor on the acquisition rights of wind park projects in Southeastern Poland.
- Advising a major Spain-based renewable energy development on the acquisition and operation of wind park projects in Poland.
- Representing a major Poland-based renewable energy investor in disputes with state authorities in Poland in relation to financing wind energy and biomass projects.
- Representing one of the world`s largest insurance groups in an asset acquisition including obtaining the approval of the regulator in Poland for the acquisition.
- Representing a consortium of lenders in relation to the cross-border insolvency of a major Europe-based furniture manufacturer.
- Representing one of the top UK-based insurance companies in claims relating to a disaster at one of Poland's largest power plants.
- Representing a firm of Poland-based insurance brokers in debt-recovery proceedings against a major US-owned insurance firm.
- Representing a number of manufacturing companies from Italy, Germany, Scandinavia and the UK in debt-recovery proceedings in Poland.