Karel Šturm's practice focus is financial services. He has significant experience in litigation, corporate and commercial law, banking, bankruptcy and restructuring, secured lending, securities, debt collection contracts, project financing and real estate transactions.
He has also acted for one of the largest banks in the Czech Republic in numerous secured lending deals and restructuring of many loan and debt security arrangements.
For several years, Karel has been an arbiter of the Arbitration Court of the Economic Chamber and the Agrarian Chamber of the Czech Republic in Prague.
- Advising on long-term loans including the purchase of rolling stock for the Prague Metro.
- Advising on construction of retail centers on behalf of lenders.
- Representing lenders in project financing activities.
- Representing creditors in complex insolvency proceedings including creditors’ committees and insolvency dispute solutions.
- Representing clients in litigation before courts in the Czech Republic in property disputes of substantial value including indemnification and bill disputes.
- Representing banks in finding solutions for endangered and bad debts.
- Preparing a draft loan and security documentation for leading banks in the Czech Republic and for the branch of an international bank in the Czech Republic.
- Representing and advising on several real estate deals including the negotiating and drafting contracts for commercial premises sales involving hotels and land plots, and a long-term lease of commercial real estate.
- Representing public authorities on public contracts and tenders.