Kateřina Šmukařová’s main practice focus includes litigation and international dispute resolution. Prior to joining Squire Sanders, she worked in the Prague office of a law firm specializing in commercial and civil law.
She has served on an international arbitration panel representing the Czech Republic against a real estate development company. Her experience also includes international commercial arbitration disputes, several court and arbitration proceedings in the Czech Republic, due diligence in the financial sector and assisting investors contemplating international arbitration disputes.
Kateřina is a member of Young ICCA, the Swedish Arbitration Association and the KMM Alumni Business Club.
- Advising a leading telecommunications company in a tender for the award of rights to use radio frequencies.
- Advising a leading telecommunications company in an administrative lawsuit against price regulation of the national regulator.
- Assessing a prospective claim concerning broadcasting.
- Serving on a team representing a state in a €73 million UNCITRAL investment arbitration against a Germany-based real estate development company.
- Serving on a team representing a Dutch-owned real estate developer in two disputes against its customers in national arbitration proceedings.
- Serving on a team advising a global company in administrative proceedings involving environmental law.
Banking and Insurance
- Advising a state in seven pending investment arbitrations initiated by the owners of solar plants for alleged violations of the Energy Charter Treaty and several Bilateral Investment Treaties.
- Serving on a team representing an EU-based energy distributor in arbitration against a non-EU company concerning price mechanism.
- Advising a financial institution on investment financing.
- Advising a client in a mezzanine financing.
- Serving on a team representing a state in investment arbitration against a Dutch insurance company.
- Serving on a team advising a financial institution in a Czech court proceeding concerning damages.
- Serving on a team to advise a group of non-Serbia-based investors regarding an investment arbitration claim against Serbia in the banking sector.
- Serving on a team advising a Czech Republic-based export bank on a prospective claim against Russia-based companies.
Studium und Ausbildung
Charles University in Prague, Mgr., 2010University of Economics, Prague, Ing., 2008University of Economics, Prague, Bc., 2006
Registered Legal Trainee, Czech Republic,