Justin D. Steltenpohl
Justin Steltenpohl has substantial experience in financings related to the acquisition and development of commercial real estate, and in advising clients on corporate and real estate finance matters including asset-backed financings, securitizations, construction financings, contingent interests, mezzanine financings, subordinate financing, conduit warehouse and repurchase facilities and restructurings.
Justin regularly addresses issues arising in connection with the sale of loans, loans secured by collateral located in multiple states and intercreditor arrangements. He also has extensive experience in real estate leasing and has represented both landlords and tenants in negotiating and drafting ground leases, retail leases and office leases including mixed-use developments.
Justin has represented clients in like-kind exchanges under Section 1031 of the Internal Revenue Code including deferred exchanges and reverse exchanges involving both individual owners and owners as tenants in common.
- Representing lenders, lender groups and borrowers in complex shared credit facilities.
- Representing lenders and borrowers in restructuring credit facilities both as part of, and outside, a formal bankruptcy process.
- Representing a foreign investor in multiple construction financings with a contingent interest component.
- Representing clients in the development, construction, financing, acquisition and sale of large multifamily projects.
- Representing local, regional and national lenders in both recourse and nonrecourse financings secured by real property.
- Representing lenders in the sale and acquisition of loans.
- Representing clients in the acquisition of commercial real estate including the negotiation of acquisition and financing documents.
- Representing clients in a combined deferred and reverse Section 1031 exchange involving tenants in common.
Studium und Ausbildung
University of Toledo, J.D., summa cum laude, Order of the Coif, lead articles editor, The University of Toledo Law Review, 1999University of Toledo, B.S., magna cum laude, 1996