Jason Sampson combines his experience representing corporations in complex litigation, appellate, transactional and compliance matters with his extensive jury trial background and previous work as an Assistant District Attorney to meet the legal services needs of a wide range of clients.
The bulk of Jason’s practice is devoted to providing counsel to US-based and international financial institutions, non-traditional lenders and a multitude of corporate entities and insurance companies. He also represents various banks in Florida and US courts in protection and enforcement of their creditors’ rights including complex commercial foreclosures; loan workouts and loan sales agreements; bankruptcy; and also handles new loan transactions. His experience also includes banking law, business law, construction law, appellate matters, mergers and acquisitions, employment law, land use and zoning law, and real estate litigation and transactions.
Jason’s white collar practice includes representation of corporate clients generally in reference to compliance during investigations by government agencies. Jason has also conducted extensive fraud investigations on behalf of one of the largest health insurance companies in the country and maintains a white collar criminal defense practice including the representation of individuals and corporations.
He began his legal career as a trial lawyer and lead prosecutor on investigations and prosecutions of criminal matters involving complex factual and legal issues. Jason also served as an Assistant District Attorney supervisor and during his tenure was lead trial counsel on approximately 75 jury trials.
He is a member of the Real Property Finance and Lending Committee and the Foreclosure and Debtor/Creditor Rights Sub-Committee for the Real Property Probate and Trust Law Section of The Florida Bar, and a member of The Florida Bar’s Trial Lawyer Section. He also is a member of the American Bar Association and the Hillsborough County Bar Association. He is a former member of the Hillsborough County Land Use Appeals Board.
- Representing an international financial institution in a US$32 million commercial foreclosure, Chapter 11 bankruptcy and loan workout.
- Representing a special servicer in a US$125 million commercial foreclosure and loan workout.
- Representing white collar criminal defendants in one of the largest cases in Florida involving the arrest of approximately 57 people accused of RICO violations, money laundering and illegal possession of slot machines.
- Successfully pursuing a collection action against a China-based firm (without any US assets) and obtaining payment in excess of face amount of judgment to cover payment of principal, costs and attorneys’ fees on behalf of a hedge fund client.
- Providing counsel to an international financial institution in the sale of various multimillion dollar loan facilities.
- Representing a financial institution throughout the initial action to obtain judgment of more than US$4.5 million, obtaining an assignment for the benefit of creditors and successfully defending four appellate proceedings.