George C. Spence
George Spence’s practice focuses on matters involving real estate, corporate, mergers and acquisitions, contracts and regulatory issues related to doing business in the Dominican Republic. His experience includes assisting large multinational clients with their corporate matters in the country, incorporation and day-to-day operations of companies, establishment of branches of foreign companies, as well as conducting complex due diligence investigations in the course of multimillion dollar transactions.
George joined Squire Sanders as a law clerk in 2009. After receiving his J.D. from the Pontificia Universidad Católica Madre y Maestra, he was invited to join the legal practice as an associate pending formal admission (execuatur
In addition to being fluent in Spanish and English, George has extensive knowledge of French and basic knowledge of Italian.
- Assisting corporate clients in the acquisition, registration and financing of leisure and commercial real estate, as well as foreclosure procedures.
- Assisting key clients with corporate updates according to recent legislative reforms in the Dominican Republic.
- Assisting with the incorporation of commercial entities and nonprofit associations in the Dominican Republic.
- Assisting clients with registering trademarks and commercial names.
- Advising multinational companies on trademark, trade dress and copyright violations.
- Assisting various clients with residency applications in the Dominican Republic.
Studium und Ausbildung
Pontificia Univer. Catolica Madre y Maestra, J.D., magna cum laude
, 2012Tulane University, B.A., 2007
Dominican Republic, pending