Named a 2012 New York Super Lawyer, a distinction honoring the top 5 percent of lawyers in the state.
Listed in The Best Lawyers in America® 2014, an honor based on an exhaustive peer-review process.
Edward S. Sinick
Edward S. Sinick serves as bond, underwriters’ and borrowers’ counsel in general obligation and revenue bond financings and other conduit finance transactions including governmental, industrial development, 501(c)(3), airport, stadium and pollution control/solid waste financings. His experience involves numerous transactions employing credit enhancement facilities such as bond insurance, letters of credit and liquidity facilities; multimodal, variable rate tender, auction rate and other structured financing techniques; interest rate swaps; and public offerings. He has also been active in the firm’s disclosure group.
On a regular basis Ed works with major national and regional underwriters in public and limited offerings of rated and unrated corporate-backed private activity financings for solid waste and industrial facilities for companies in the electric utility, paper and wood products, metals, cement, petroleum refining, mining and landfill industries.
Ed has assisted the Securities Industry and Financial Markets Association (SIFMA) in implementing SEC Rule 15c2-12, relating to issuers’ continuing disclosure obligations, and in developing standard and model forms of documents. He has participated as a panelist for the Bond Attorneys Workshop of the National Association of Bond Lawyers on municipal disclosure matters.
Ed is a Fellow of the American College of Bond Counsel. He has been listed in The Best Lawyers in America since 2008
and named a New York Super Lawyer since 2010, a distinction honoring the top five percent of lawyers in New York.
- Acting as bond counsel for the state of Connecticut for the Bradley International Airport including the innovative financing of a parking garage located at the airport and a forward-starting interest rate swap transaction; for Rentschler Field, the University of Connecticut’s football stadium; and for the state’s participation in the Adriaen’s Landing Convention Center in Hartford.
- Acting as bond and underwriter/placement agent counsel in separate financing transactions for the acquisition and development of privately owned municipal solid waste landfills in Ohio including related rail improvements for transportation of the waste.
- Serving as underwriter’s counsel for the development and financing of a major downtown arena to be owned by a 501(c)(3) organization and used primarily by the men’s and women’s basketball teams of a national university.
- Acting as underwriter’s and remarketing agent’s counsel on various new money and refunding financing programs for solid waste disposal, sewage and other exempt facilities for investor-owned electric utilities, cement, paper and landfill companies.
- Acting as underwriter’s counsel and as borrower’s counsel for 501(c)(3) higher education and cultural institutions in connection with the issuance of tax exempt bonds to finance expansion projects.
- Assisting SIFMA in its development of a new model bond purchase agreement, new standard form master agreements among underwriters for competitive and negotiated transactions, a master selling group agreement and a joint account agreement, as well as in the development of model documents relating to MSRB Rule G-17.
Studium und Ausbildung
Cornell University, J.D., Order of the Coif, 1978Cornell University, A.B., 1975