Ethan H. Seibert
Ethan Seibert focuses on commercial litigation and possesses experience across a broad range of practices, including insurance, environmental, government investigations and compliance, contract disputes and bankruptcy. He has developed a particular expertise in insurance coverage and regularly advises clients on insurance issues prior to and during litigation.
Ethan is the co-author of two publications for the National Business Institute, “Insurance Coverage Litigation,” which appeared in July 2006 and “Insurance Law: Third Party Coverage in California,” published in July 2003.
While in law school, Ethan won the National Championship at the Saul Lefkowitz Moot Court Competition in trademark and unfair competition law, as well as winning Best Brief and Best Oral Argument at the Saul Lefkowitz Western Regional Competition.
- Obtaining a favorable settlement in litigation against a wholly owned corporation of the United States of America regarding responsibility for funding environmental cleanup at the Presidio of San Francisco.
- Achieving summary judgment with successful arguments based on the interpretation of an asset purchase agreement.
- Obtaining a favorable settlement for an insurance company after developing defenses based on a computer chip manufacturer’s misrepresentations on its technology errors and omissions insurance policy applications.
- Successfully resolving nuisance and negligence claims against a trucking company arising out of alleged diesel exhaust pollution.
- Advising a client regarding potential liability for existing environmental contamination in connection with a land purchase.
- Counseling a textiles distributor regarding insurance issues in connection with coverage for defamation and false advertising claims.
- Filing a lawsuit on behalf of a Japan-based corporation for failure to adhere to contractual terms in the purchase of semiconductor manufacturing equipment, and then representing the client in the defendant’s subsequent bankruptcy proceedings.
- Assisting a corporation with a dispute over certain rights to tax benefits under a stock purchase agreement.
- Representing an insurance company in litigation against the manufacturer of asbestos-containing products concerning coverage for thousands of bodily injury claims spanning three decades.
- Advising an insurance company in litigation against an international manufacturing corporation arising out of property damage and bodily injury claims after discovery of extensive soil and groundwater pollution.
Studium und Ausbildung
University of California, Hastings, J.D., articles editor, Hastings West-Northwest Journal of Environmental Law and Policy, 2004Cornell University, A.B., 2000
U.S. Ct. of App., Ninth Circuit
U.S. Dist. Ct., C. Dist. of California
U.S. Dist. Ct., N. Dist. of California