Edward J. Salcedo
Edward Salcedo’s practice focuses on civil and commercial litigation and international arbitration. He is also regularly involved in labor and employment matters, and real estate transactions.
Edward’s labor and employment experience includes assisting clients with a variety of labor matters in the Dominican Republic, including drafting of labor contracts, relocation of employees, separation of high level executives and mitigation of labor risks. He has also collaborated in due diligence processes by evaluating labor and litigation risks, as well as risks related real estate matters.
He was assigned for almost two years to the Cleveland, Ohio office of Squire Sanders, where he concentrated on investment treaty arbitration and international commercial arbitration matters. He is currently assigned to the Santo Domingo office, where he continues to assist clients from all over the world.
- Assisting clients with cross-border lawsuits and proceedings, including the recognition and enforcement of foreign arbitral awards in the Dominican Republic.
- Representing clients in collection claims, including foreclosure of real property, with the purpose of satisfying multimillion dollar debts.
- Assisting clients with complex civil litigations, including claims dealing with the Dominican Republic’s Dealership Law, which contains a special public policy regime in favor of local concessionaires.
- Representing Major League Baseball Association and several Major League Baseball clubs in breach of contract and damages claims filed by players and/or employees of clubs.
- Assisting international airlines with damages claims filed by passengers under the Dominican Republic Aviation Law and the Montreal Convention.
- Facilitating service of process on defendants located in the Dominican Republic in connection to claims filed in New York, Florida and other jurisdictions.
- Participating in the first discovery of documents produced in the Dominican Republic as part of a motion to estimate a claim before a US bankruptcy court.
Studium und Ausbildung
Georgetown University, LL.M., 2010Universidad Iberoamericana, J.D., summa cum laude