Recommended in the 2012 edition of The Legal 500 Europe, Middle East & Africa.
Danica Šebestová's practice focus is financial services, M&A and general corporate matters.
Danica’s finance experience includes representing major financial institutions and real estate funds in connection with development financings and acquisitions of residential, office and commercial projects throughout Central and Eastern Europe.
In connection with the recent economic crisis, Danica’s practice has expanded to include solving problematic loans, representing both banks and debtors.
Danica’s corporate experience includes mergers and acquisitions, and assisting large international clients with corporate and commercial matters on an ongoing basis.
Danica is a member of the Czech Bar Association, the Slovak Bar Association and the New York State Bar Association.
- Member of a team revising all forms of financing and security documentation for SME corporate clients of a major Czech bank to make them compliant with new Civil Code of the Czech Republic which will be effective since January 1, 2014.
- Advising a major Czech bank in export financing on the sale of production lines in the automotive industry to a Russia-based borrower insured by EXIM Bank.
- Advising a major Czech bank on refinancing of a leading European frozen products company.
- Advising one of the world's largest real estate investment management firms on several refinancings of its acquisition financings of office, retail and shopping centers in Prague, Liberec, Budapest, Zalaegerszeg and Nyíregyháza.
- Advising institutional private equity fund on the acquisition of several companies in the Czech Republic and the Slovak Republic including conducting comprehensive legal due diligence, advising on specific aspects of potential acquisitions relating to special nature of acquired companies and negotiating English law share purchase agreement.
- Advising a leading Czech banking institution on the state export support in solving problem loans.
- Advising a major Czech bank in connection with club financial restructuring of a major chemical producer in the Czech Republic.
- Advising a major Czech bank on export financing of construction of a bakery in Armenia.
- Representing an international investor in club refinancing of acquisition financing of a 5-star hotel and retail complex in the center of Prague; advising on day-to-day management of the complex.
- Free-of-charge consultancy on preparation of model club loan documentation organized by the Czech Banking Association.
- Free-of-charge consultancy on new general insurance terms and conditions of EGAP (state export support) organized by the Czech Banking Association.
Studium und Ausbildung
University of Michigan, LL.M., 2004Comenius University in Bratislava, Mgr., 2000