Recommended in the 2012 edition of The Legal 500 Europe, Middle East & Africa.
Danica Šebestová's practice focus is financial services and general corporate matters. She also has experience in international arbitration.
Danica’s finance experience includes representing major financial institutions and real estate funds in connection with development financings and acquisitions of residential, office and commercial projects throughout Central and Eastern Europe.
In connection with the recent economic crisis, Danica’s practice has expanded to include solving problematic loans, representing both banks and debtors.
Danica’s corporate experience includes mergers and acquisitions, and assisting large international clients with corporate and commercial matters on an ongoing basis.
Danica is a member of the Czech Bar Association, the Slovak Bar Association and the American Bar Association.
- Advising a major Czech Republic-based bank in export financing on the sale of production lines in the automotive industry to a Russia-based borrower insured by EXIM Bank.
- Advising a major Czech Republic-based bank on refinancing a leading Europe-based frozen products company.
- Advising one of the world's largest real estate investment management firms on several refinancings of its acquisition financings of office, retail and shopping centers in Prague, Liberec, Budapest, Zalaegerszeg and Nyíregyháza.
- Advising a leading banking institution in the Czech Republic on state export support in solving problem loans.
- Advising a major Czech Republic-based bank in connection with the club financial restructuring of a major chemical producer in the Czech Republic.
- Advising a major Czech Republic-based bank on the export financing of construction of a bakery in Armenia.
- Representing the Czech Republic in pending investment arbitration proceedings under UNCITRAL rules against a Germany-based developer regarding indemnification of €80 million.
- Representing an international investor in a club refinancing of acquisition financing of a five-star hotel and retail complex in the center of Prague and advising on the day-to-day management of the complex.
- Providing pro bono consultancy on preparing a model club loan documentation organized by the Czech Banking Association.
- Providing pro bono consultancy on new general insurance terms and conditions of EGAP (state export support) organized by the Czech Banking Association.
Studium und Ausbildung
University of Michigan, LL.M., 2004Komensky University in Bratislava, Mgr., 2000