David A. Saltzman
David Saltzman represents companies around the world in a variety of business transactions and related legal issues. His clients range from small emerging growth companies to large public corporations, and most are in the technology and/or life sciences industries.
David advises clients on mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, sales and purchases of equity and debt securities, and corporate governance matters. He also has extensive experience in counseling companies and investors in federal and state securities laws including SEC filings and disclosure issues under the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, as amended.
David’s practice includes substantial experience and knowledge of the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA), international business transactions and other commercial transactions.
David is a frequent speaker on key issues for global companies, and has presented to the Association of Corporate Counsel's Bay Area Chapter on the FCPA as well as mergers and acquisitions in China. In addition, David has authored several published articles and hosted seminars on the FCPA, and other trade and compliance issues for Silicon Valley companies.
David has been a member of the Board of Directors and Executive Committee of the Japan Society of Northern California since 2011. He also has been a member of the Editorial Board of the State Bar of California’s Business Law News
- Representing a large multinational life sciences corporation and several subsidiaries in the US$800 million sale of a worldwide diagnostic systems division.
- Representing a US public company in several acquisitions of more than US$100 million.
- Counseling on the formation of numerous multinational joint ventures between US and non-US parties.
- Assisting with the US$75 million sale of a tire distribution company.
- Advising on a hybrid transaction involving the more than US$40 million cash acquisition of assets of the semiconductor division of a US subsidiary of a Japanese corporation by a second Japanese corporation’s US subsidiary and the transformation of the acquiring subsidiary into a joint venture subsidiary of the two Japan-based corporations.
- Counseling on the cash acquisition of the assets of a US-based public company by an Austria-based life sciences company.
- Advising on the sale of assets involving five company affiliates in three countries in a management buyout.
- Representing numerous technology companies in many mergers, acquisitions and other strategic alliances including conducting a Section 3(a)(10) fairness hearing at the California Department of Corporations.
- Advising a Nasdaq-listed company on corporate governance, SEC filings and related disclosure issues.
- Representing public companies and underwriters in registered securities offerings, private placements and PIPEs.
- Representing private companies and investors in private placements of debt and equity securities including convertible debt and preferred stock financings.