Listed in the 2013 edition of Chambers and Partners’ Chambers UK as a leading individual.
Recommended in the 2012 edition of The Legal 500 UK.
Charles Middleton-Smith is a consultant in our International Dispute Resolution practice based in our London office. His particular expertise and exclusive area of practice is the mediation of commercial disputes. He is also a regularly practising mediator. His earlier experience covers commercial litigation and international arbitration of all kinds, particularly corporate related with emphasis on conflict of laws issues.
He is regularly listed in the UK mediator section of The Legal 500 UK
and Chambers UK
- Closing the Mediation Where a Settlement Has Not Been Reached - Mediation Techniques - International Bar Association, 2010.
- Gandalf and Prospero's Third Imaginary Dialogue: the Dance of the Risk and Reward, Mediation Committee of the International Bar Association Newsletter, April 2009.
- Mediation Advocacy - Hopes and Expectations, The Mediator Magazine, January 2009.
- Gandalf and Prospero's Second Imaginary Dialogue: Insurers in Mediation, International Bar Association Mediation Newsletter, September 2008.
- An Imaginary Dialogue between Gandalf and Prospero on the question of mediators - criteria for appointment … and for reflection?, International Bar Association Mediation Newsletter, December 2007.
- Assisted Deal Making article, International Bar Association Mediation Newsletter, July 2007.
- Butterworths Mediators on Mediation, Tottel Publishing 2005.
- Resolution of Commercial Disputes by Mediation.
- Mediation Fact Sheet.
- Mediation appointments in commercial and corporate related cases, particularly in the media, entertainment, fine art and sports sectors.
University of Bristol
England and Wales,