Alla Smorodyna’s practice focuses on corporate and real estate matters including advising on general corporate matters, mergers and acquisitions, business restructuring, land ownership, protection of property rights, litigation and insolvency.
Prior to joining Squire Sanders, Alla worked as a lawyer for the Ukrainian government and a Ukraine-based law firm. She represented clients in civil and administrative litigation; advised on land issues in numerous real estate development projects including construction of infrastructure, industrial and residential facilities; and developed construction documentation and supported its certification with regulatory bodies. Her experience also includes special expertise in oil and gas sector matters.
- Conducting legal due diligence on Ukraine companies targeted for acquisition.
- Advising a client on a racetrack construction project in Crimea involving local authorities.
- Analyzing financial schemes for the construction of residential complexes in Kyiv involving banking capital.
- Representing a client in litigation over the validity of permits on leasing oil and gas minefields in Ukraine.
- Providing legal risk analyses for drafting and negotiating contracts.
International Management Institute, M.B.A., 2009KROK University of Economics and Law, Specialists’ Degree, 2004Kyiv National Economic University, LL.M., 2003