News, Events & Publications
Squire Sanders is top-ranked in Legal Week's annual Client Satisfaction Report, a survey ranking the UK's largest law firms according to feedback from the UK's largest companies.
ACOs: The Final Rule and New Opportunities
Date: 3 November 2011
Time: 2 – 3 p.m. (EDT)
Please join Squire, Sanders & Dempsey and Strategic Health Care for a timely webinar overview of the final rule released by the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) on October 20 and the opportunities it presents for Accountable Care Organizations (ACOs). In the final rule, CMS made significant changes to entice providers to participate in the Medicare Shared Savings Program. Topics to be addressed include:
- ACO organization and governance
- New opportunities for rural and small community providers to create or join ACOs
- Advanced funding of ACO start-up costs
- Antitrust requirements
- CMS and Office of the Inspector General waivers
- Financial/risk sharing: insurance law implications
- Improvements to the shared savings rate
- Lower barriers to entry on quality and electronic health record (EHR) metrics
- John M. Kirsner, partner, Squire Sanders
- Peter A. Pavarini, partner, Squire Sanders
- Paul Lee, senior partner and founder, Strategic Health Care
- Marian Lowe, partner, Strategic Health Care
- Sharon Bee Cheng, senior vice president, research, Strategic Health Care
Other Related ACO Regulations Information
The Squire Sanders Accountable Care Forum provides news and analysis from some of the top experts in the United States regarding the impact of the ACO federal regulations. View the blog for an examination of the centerpiece of recent health care reform legislation affecting physicians and subscribe to receive updates on ACO developments.
Do you have a question you would like addressed by one of our panelists? Please
. We look forward to your input and participation.
Please register online for this complimentary webinar.
Squire Sanders selected as a go-to law firm in Corporate Counsel’s 2013 edition of "In-House Law Departments at the Top 500 Companies."