Shanti Faiia is an associate in the Labor & Employment Practice Group focusing in business immigration and has extensive experience in all aspects of immigration. Shanti has been practicing immigration law for over 6 years and acts for a wide range of blue chip and multinational clients as well as high-net-worth individuals dealing with corporate and personal immigration matters.
Shanti often deals with complex immigration matters for clients and has assisted clients with audits of migrant worker files and HR systems in relation to the Points Based System sponsorship licence. She also regularly advises clients in relation to their illegal working checks for migrant employees
Shanti has excellent contacts at the Home Office at Director level, which often leads to a speedy resolution of complex issues.
Shanti regularly speaks as part of the department's national seminar programme. She is also a committee member of the Law Society Human Rights Committee.
- Undertaking compliance audits of illegal working papers and HR systems and processes for large- and small-to-medium sized companies.
- Drafting successful applications for sponsorship licenses made on an urgent basis.
- Representing sponsors at Home Office audits.
- Providing bespoke training on sponsorship and illegal working.
- Preparing PBS applications under Tier 2, Tier 4, and Tier 5.
- Assisting in appeals before the First Tier and Upper Tier Immigration Tribunals, Court of Appeal and judicial review.
- Advising on complex further leave to remain applications outside the Immigration Rules.
- Acting for clients in regarding naturalization and nationality claims.
- Preparing and assisting on family based applications.
- Advising on business, general and family visitor applications.
College of Law, London, L.P.C., 2007University of London, LL.M., 2004City University London, Postgraduate Diploma, 2003Smith College, B.A., 2001
England and Wales,